2016年10月30日星期日

week 13 Reflections

 - What is New Media Art to you?

Initially I know about the concept of New Media was 2008. That was the year I first use iPhone. The gravity sensor and the big screen with capacity touch really shocked me, I never thought that the human-machine interaction could do that. At that time, other mobile operating systems like Windows Mobile or Symbian cannot offer similar user experience, even Android cannot do that before the version 4.0 in 2011. As I understand more and more, I found those forms of interactions in iPhone was already tried by the New Media artists/hackers.  So I think the New Media art is not only an art form, but also a great practical value.



 - What have you learned from this module?

I learned a lot of New Media artists, I saw many different art works. Also I learned how to start to do a New Media art work, and the presentation skills.



 - Will you apply what you have learned from New Media Art module to your own practice?  If so how?

Yes, the module stretched my mind, I will use New Media as an art form if the idea is suitable. And it also helped me in how to start an idea for creating a product.

没有评论:

发表评论